Children Cope With Divorce, Custody, and/or Visitation
Children Cope With Divorce is a four-hour parent/caregiver training that provides information about helping children adjust to the changes associated with the divorce or separation of their parents and other family transitions. This parent seminar is designed to help minimize the negative impact of divorce, custody issues, or other family transitions on children. The seminar will address numerous topics including the divorce process, emotional reactions, co-parenting strategies, stages of child development and guidelines for helping children adjust. The seminar is not therapy and does not directly address personal circumstances.
Who Should Attend This Training?
- Divorcing parents
- Never married parents
- Previously divorced parents who are changing custody or visitation agreements
- Custodial grandparents
Call Family Services of NW PA 814-866-4500 or (800) 634-2560 to register for the seminar.
When And Where Is This Event Held?
- Seminars are held in Family Services Conference Room
- 5100 Peach Street, Erie, PA 16509 – 2nd Floor
- Seminars are held 2 to 3 times per month
- Seminars are on Saturday morning (one 4-hour class) or on two consecutive Monday evenings (two classes 2-hours each).