Intensive Family is an intensive in-home program that provides crisis intervention and family treatment designed to keep children and families safe, prevent out of home placement, assist in reunification of families, and prevent unnecessary changes in placement.
Services available in:
Who Should be Referred:
- Intensive Family targets those children and families identified by Crawford County Children and Youth Services (CYS) as being at imminent risk of out-of-home placement. OR
- Children who are placed out of the home and cannot be reunified with their family without intensive in-home services. OR
- Children who are placed out of the home in foster/kinship care and the home is in need of stabilization to prevent a change of placement. AND
- At least one parent/caretaker with whom the child resides consents to work with the services.
- The identified child can range in age from birth to 18 years old
- The average length of stay for consumers in this program is 4-6 weeks.
- Booster session can be available for up to 2 months after closure.
- The worker is typically in the home 6-10 hours per week. The frequency of sessions depends on the need and availability of the family.