Brief Services is designed to assist at risk families to cope with their problems and improve childcare practices. Topics may include stress management, coping skills, budgeting, parenting techniques, etc. Assessments are completed for each family and recommendations for further services or information for community resources (medical care, housing, assistance, food, etc.) are provided and to families and the referral source. Brief Services also provides skill building, case management and supportive interventions.
Service available in:
Who Should Be Referred?
- A family must have a child open in the Juvenile Probation system or be involved with Children and Youth Services at the intake level
- At least one parent/caretaker with whom the child resides agrees to the services
- The identified child can range in age from birth to 18 years old
- Short term – intensive service
- Services extend over a 60 day period
- Counselors on call 24/7