POSITION: Therapist, Family Based Mental Health/Specialized FBMH
REPORTS TO: Director, Family Based Mental Health/Specialized FBMH
PAY RATE: $40,854 annual salary
JOB TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: Erie County, Crawford County
$2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS*
*$500 at 90 days, $500 at 180 days and $1,000 at 1 year
The Family Based Mental Health Therapist functions as a lead therapist providing direct social services to assigned caseload. Worker is required to visit client's homes on a regular basis.
- Provide clinical leadership for Family Based Mental Health program and establish professional helping relationships with clients.
- Conducts intakes, assessments, and closure activities that assist and use the family's input in the development of individualized service/treatment plans.
- Attends three (3) year model curriculum provided by the Philadelphia Child and Family Therapy Training Center, Inc. aimed at developing the necessary knowledge base of Pennsylvania's Family Based Mental Health Program.
- Attends training and consultation to address sexual trauma-specific treatment issues, including sexual victimization treatment and development of skills to address sexually reactive behavior, safety planning, and crisis intervention.
- Performs on-call duties for crisis situations after hours on a rotating basis to provide support to families.
- Maintains case records and reports in a timely manner as required in agency policy. Compiles data necessary for program accountability and billing of client services.
- Participates in staff development activities, including individual and peer supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in social sciences plus two years relevant experience required.
- Knowledge of family systems therapy and development life cycles preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation.
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF NW PA:
Family Services of NW PA (FSNWPA) is a non-profit social service agency with a mission to Strengthen Families and Transform Lives. We provide a comprehensive continuum of care and high quality, innovative programs and services to children and families across Northwest Pennsylvania. Services are available in Erie, Crawford, Mercer, and Venango Counties in Pennsylvania.