POSITION: Snack Shack Youth Employment Specialist
PAY RATE: $20 - $25 per hour, based on experience
JOB TYPE: PartTime
LOCATION: Erie County
$2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS*
*$500 at 90 days, $500 at 180 days and $1,000 at 1 year
The Snack Shack Youth Employment Specialist provides young adults in the Independent Living Program (ILP) with practical, hands-on job readiness skills and training. Working alongside the Snack Shack Business Manager, the Youth Employment Specialist assists with the overall operations and management of the Snack Shack food truck and catering services. Experience in food service management is preferred.
- Assist in operations of Snack Shack food truck and catering services.
- Train employees to follow proper sanitation procedures and maintain safety standards.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, and training new employees.
- Maintain equipment inside food truck, including generator, propane tanks, and deep fryer.
- Assist with documentation of food production, inventory, meal counts, supplies, and purchases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with teenagers and young adults preferred.
- Experience in food service management preferred.
- Food safety certification required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation.
ABOUT THE SNACK SHACK, LLC:
The Snack Shack, LLC is a collaborative youth-driven business venture of the Erie County Independent Living Program (ILP) at Bethesda Lutheran Services and Family Services of NW PA.