|Position:||Behavior Support Specialist|
|Reports To:||Director, Behavior Support Services|
|Pay Rate:||$16.75 per hour|
|Job Type:||Full time|
The Behavior Support Specialist provides direct services to students and their families in the school setting. Worker must be able to follow a prescribed treatment plan. Works 187 days a day; unpaid summer; benefits all year.
- Works 180 student days with teachers and students.
- Effectively mnages self in crisis situations (violence, physical aggression, etc).
- Works up to 7 additional days for trainings provied by the District or Family Services.
- Provides assistance in the ES classroom, regular classroom, and throughout the building as needed.
- Completes de-escalation Ukeru training as provided and used in cooperation with school staff.
- Receives training on and participate in Zones of Regulation as used by classroom teachers and school staff.
- Intervenes with students whose behavior and/or acadeic school progress warrants intervention upon the recommendation of the Emotional Support Teacher, School Psychologist, and/or Principal.
- Receives bi-weekly supervision by a Family Services' supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in social services field required.
- Experience working in a classroom, preferred.
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF NW PA:
Family Services of NW PA (FSNWPA) is a non-profit social service agency with a mission to Strengthen Families and Transform Lives. We provide a comprehensive continuum of care and high quality, innovative programs and services to children and families across Northwest Pennsylvania. Services are available in Erie, Crawford, Mercer, and Venango Counties in Pennsylvania. Learn more at www.FSNWPA.org.