POSITION: Behavior Intervention Specialist I
REPORTS TO: Director, School-Based Services
PAY RATE: $16.26 per hour
JOB TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: Erie County
$2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS*
*$500 at 90 days, $500 at 180 days and $1,000 at 1 year
The Behavior Intervention Specialist provides direct services to students and their families in the school setting. Worker must be able to follow a prescribed treatment plan.
- Provides intervention to students whose behavior and/or school progress warrant involvement. This could include de-escalation, mediation, and other intervention strategies.
- Consults with parents, teachers, caseworkers, probation officers, and other associated personnel to develop strategies to reduce or eliminate the indicated problem behaviors. This includes coordinating with the school's BEST/SAP teams and participating in team meetings as needed.
- Supports school administrators, students, and parents by acting as a liaison to other appropriate community resources.
- Provides prevention, intervention, and post-intervention skills as needed per student behavior plans.
- Maintains proper, accurate, and timely documentation of all interventions, incidents, and outcomes based on school and agency documentation requirements.
- Conducts social, emotional, and behavioral skills-focused groups as needed.
- Participates in staff development activities, including individual and peer supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in human services field required.
- Experience in application of Behavioral Modification and Functional Behavioral Assessment preferred.
- Knowledge of child development preferred.
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF NW PA:
Family Services of NW PA (FSNWPA) is a non-profit social service agency with a mission to Strengthen Families and Transform Lives. We provide a comprehensive continuum of care and high quality, innovative programs and services to children and families across Northwest Pennsylvania. Services are available in Erie, Crawford, Mercer, and Venango Counties in Pennsylvania.