|Position:||Adoption Caseworker, Permanency Department|
|Reports To:||Permanency Supervisor|
|Pay Rate:||$32,662 annual salary|
|Job Type:||Full time|
The adoption caseworker provides direct service to clients and families in the Permanency Department. Worker is required to visit client's homes on a regular basis. Strong organizational, writing, and verbal skills are necessary. Day and evening hours required.
- Completes child and family profiles, child preparation services, child specific recruitment, child placement, and adoption finalizations.
- Screens potential applicants for adoption. Provides supervision of adoption placements.
- Prepares legal documents for adoption hearings and testifies at adoption finalizations.
- Performs on-call duties for crisis situations after hours on a rotating basis to provide support to children and families.
- Maintains case records in a timely manner as required in agency policy.
- Participates in staff development activities, including individual and peer supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences required.
- Two (2) years' experience in adoption or children's services.
- Travel throughout McKean County and surrounding counties required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation.
WORKING AT FAMILY SERVICES OF NW PA:
Join our team for a friendly work environment, flexible hours, and the ability to work partially remote. Family Services of NW PA offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package, and mileage reimbursement at the IRS standard mileage rate. Family Services of NW PA is a nonprofit organization and qualifies workers for student loan forgiveness programs.
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF NW PA:
Family Services of NW PA (FSNWPA) is a non-profit social service agency with a mission to Strengthen Families and Transform Lives. We provide a comprehensive continuum of care and high quality, innovative programs and services to children and families across Northwest Pennsylvania. Services are available in Erie, Crawford, Mercer, and Venango Counties in Pennsylvania. Learn more at www.FSNWPA.org.