Project S.O.A.R./R.O.A.R. is a school-based Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Service provided to children in the Penncrest Area School District (Cambridge Springs Elementary and Maplewood Elementary Schools) who are experiencing emotional and or behavioral difficulties in the school setting which may prevent them from being able to be maintained in their home school.
- Ongoing assessment throughout the school day;
- Addresses problematic behavior;
- Individual and group counseling;
- Family coordinator monitors home, school and community treatment goals;
- Family Night group for transfer of skills to caregivers.
Service Available in:
Penncrest School District
Who Should Be Referred?
- Youth K – 6th grade
- Attendance in the Penncrest School District
- Mental health diagnosis
- If a prior evaluation has not been done, the youth/family will be provided a current list of Value Behavioral Health approved independent prescribers to schedule an appointment
- Youth not able to be maintained in their educational setting without on-site mental health support
- Youth is medical assistance eligible and VBH eligible
- At least one parent/caregiver with whom the youth resides consents to SOAR treatment
Who Can Make The Referral
- Evaluation and assessments required
- School personnel and the school SAP team must make the referral to the program