Family Services of NW PA’s Specialized Family Based Mental Health (SFBMH) for Sexual Abuse program provides teams of two therapists who work with the family to provide intensive in-home therapy, case management and crisis intervention services. The program serves children from birth to 21 years of age who were victims of sexual abuse and/or display sexually reactive behaviors and with a mental health diagnosis.
Service Available in:
Erie and Mercer Counties
Who Should Be Referred?
- The program services residents age 0-21 years old
- Child has a mental health diagnosis
- Child is a victim of sexual abuse and/or is displaying sexually reactive behaviors
- At least one adult caregiver in the home must consent to participate in the therapeutic services.
- A psychiatrist or licensed psychologist must certify that this is the most appropriate treatment for the child
Who Can Make The Referral?
- Managed Care Organizations
- Outpatient mental health clinicians
- Providers of enhanced mental health services
- Facilities that provide children and adolescents with inpatient psychiatric and residential treatment
- A licensed psychologist or physician must recommend Family Based Mental Health Services
- Counselors on call 24/7
- Services offered 32 weeks (potential of 8 week extension)
- For Erie County – Kirk Hardner at (814) 866-4570 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Mercer County – Nick Lembke at (814) 724-4800 ext. 115 or email@example.com