Functional Family Therapy is a home-based prevention and intervention program that provides therapy to families of adolescents. The FFT Model of treatment includes three phases of treatment including: engagement/motivation, behavior change and generalization. The goals of FFT include empowering the parents and other family members in order to create behavioral changes which will allow the identified adolescent to remain in their own home and community.
Service Available in:
Who Should be Referred?
- Youth between 10-18 years old
- Resident of Erie County
- Youth exhibiting externalizing behaviors, such as defiance of rules, parent/child conflict, physical and/or verbal aggression, truancy, drug and alcohol use, curfew violations, or running away
- The youth is able to remain in his/her own home
- At least one caregiver willing to participate in family sessions 1-3 hours per week over 3-4 month period
Who Can Make The Referral?
- Erie County Office of Children and Youth (OCY)
- Erie County Juvenile Probation Office (JPO)
- Other social service agencies and school staff
- Managed Care Organizations