Family Services is a SWAN affiliated agency that recruits and assesses families who wish to adopt children available through any Office of Children & Youth Services in the state of Pennsylvania. The children are of all ages, but generally are ages 6 or older and may have a history of physical or sexual abuse or neglect. They may have medical or educational limitations or emotional problems.
Who Can Adopt?
- Applicants are required to be at least 21 years of age or older
- If currently married, applicants are required to be married for 2 years
- Applicants are required to pass a physical
- Applicants are screened through the Pennsylvania State Police, Pennsylvania Childline and Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Applicants are required to provide proof of financial stability
- A home inspection is required
Applicants generally live in Erie, Crawford, McKean, Warren, Venango or Mercer Counties in PA.
Funding is derived through a contractual agreement with the State Wide Adoption Network (SWAN).
Contact: Jennifer Renick at (814) 866-4552 or firstname.lastname@example.org