Individuals, who were either adopted, placed a child for adoption, or are related to an adoptee or a birth parent that Family Services of NW PA worked with, may request a search based on the criteria outlined in the OCYF Bulletin 3350-11-01 Act 101 of 2010.
Any person that had an adoption facilitated by Family Services of NW PA that meets one of the following criteria:
- An adoptee who is at least 18 years of age;
- An adoptive parent of an adoptee who is under 18 years of age or adjudicated incapacitated or deceased;
- A legal guardian of an adoptee who is under 18 years of age or adjudicated incapacitated;
- A descendant of a deceased adoptee;
- A birth parent of an adoptee who is at least 21 years of age;
- A parent of a birth parent of an adoptee who is at least 21 years of age if the birth parent consents, is incapacitated or deceased; and,
- A birth sibling of an adoptee if both the birth sibling and the adoptee are at least 21 years of age and:
- The birth sibling remained in the custody of the birth parent and the birth parent consents, is deceased or adjudicated in capacitated;
- Both the birth sibling and adoptee were adopted out of the same birth family; or,
- The birth sibling was not adopted out of the birth family and did not remain in the custody of the birth parent.
- Must prove identity
- If you live in the area, you must appear in person with photo identification
- If you live out of the area, you must submit a notarized letter detailing your request for information.
A fee is required for this service.
Contact: Michele Lombard, Director of Adoption at (814) 866-4509 or firstname.lastname@example.org